Oral and maxillofacial surgery deals with a certain part of the face and neck, including the mouth, teeth and jaws, and diseases and disorders of all soft and hard tissues in these areas. It is possible to divide the conditions related to oral and maxillofacial surgery into soft tissue and hard tissue operations.
Soft tissue diseases;
- Cysts in the gums or mouth,
- Wounds and lesions in the gums or soft tissues in the mouth and jaw area,
- It is based on the treatment of diseases such as clefts in the lip and palate that are congenital or that occur after accidents.
Hard tissue disorders;
- Normal tooth extraction,
- Surgical tooth extraction,
- Detection and removal of impacted teeth,
- Dental implants,
- Treatment of jaw dislocations and jaw fractures,
- Jaw joint treatments,
- Treatment of dental infections and dental caries,
- Pre-prosthesis surgical interventions to make the floor where the prosthesis will sit
Above, we mentioned some of the soft and hard tissue disorders in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery. In the treatment of these ailments, it is of great importance to get support from a correct specialist and to make the correct diagnosis in terms of correct treatment.
You can contact us for our experts to give you information.